Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Last two dives at God's Pocket, Seven Trees and Lucan Chute March 29, 2019

On Friday, March 29 I limited myself to the two morning dives that day out of an abundance of caution because our flight from Port Hardy to Vancouver departed at 2:10.  The weather and sea conditions continued to be excellent, I suspect when I next dive in Monterey I will need to re-adapt to the diving with sea surge.  Below are some photos from the first dive, for more, please go to:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/9gagQm6ziPMBz5A57

Here's the all important message board outside the dining room at God's Pocket Resort outlining the day's schedule.

A view of God's Pocket Dive Resort from the boat dock.


                         My drysuit, and Guy's hanging outside our room at God's Pocket

                                          Drysuits in waiting

                                Our dive boat at the dock in God's Pocket cove.

Jamie being lowered into the water via the dive boat's wonderful elevator, for his second night dive in God's Pocket cove.  On our regular dives, divers do a giant stride off the boat, surface and retrieve their camera from our dive master, Chris.  The elevator is used to quickly, easily, effortlessly lift each diver, fins still on, to the dive boat deck where the diver then takes a few duck waddle steps to sit down.  For more surface shots from God's Pocket, please go to:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/eRkC2nFDMArRTV847


                                      Guy dropping down the wall at Seven Trees

                                          Look, another Red Irish Lord!

                               Look, yet another, different, Red Irish Lord!

               This Red Irish Lord telepathed his growing loss of patience with me.


    Look!  A third, actually red(ish) Red Irish Lord!  I found a forth but will spare you the picture.

The second dive of the morning, and my last for this wonderful trip, was at Lucan's Chute.  As always, to see more than I've posted here, please go to:  https://photos.app.goo.gl/9gagQm6ziPMBz5A57

                                          Rock Crab at Lucan's Chute

    Black Eyed Goby with Orange Sea Cucumbers

                Another big, glorious, healthy Sunflower Star!  May they soon repopulate California!

    A beautiful Puget Sound King Crab, the first, and only, one I've encountered.  It was about 16 inches across.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puget_Sound_king_crab

                                 A face only a mother, or a marine life aficionado, could love!

    Sadly, time to make my safety stop for my last dive on this trip.

                                          Time for my elevator pickup!







No comments:

Post a Comment