Sunday, April 7, 2019

God's Pocket Cove Night Dive March 27, 2019

Wednesday night Guy and I and a few others made a night dive in God's Pocket Cove.  The boat captain made it really easy for us by letting us get in and out using his boat's elevator.  That's right, their dive boat even has an elevator.  I had a wonderful dive, though I struggled a little at a couple of points because I was a bit underweighted for diving very shallow.  I quickly discovered the the largest White Edged Dirona nudibranchs that I've ever seen by a factor of about four.  I had difficulty fitting them into my 60 mm macro lens view.  Below are some photos from this dive, if you'd like to see more, please go to:  https://photos.app.goo.gl/xwmTm8f4di9Rm6Rb9



A baseball sized White Edged Dirona nudibranch



                                      I next disturbed this Kelp Crab's peace

                                         Photographed his good side, too.

    My first, and it turned out, my only, Lion's Mane nudibranch I've ever seen.  It's also called a "Hooded Nude".  I struggled mightily to photo it because it was on a shallow piece of kelp and I was underweighted....

    It was larger than I'd expected, maybe 7 inches tall!  I gave up at this point because my bouyancy control was horrible so shallow and I was creating tons of backscatter...



                                  Red Rock Crab

                                Another one...


    Shrimp, TBD....At this point the call for a warm shower and Canadian Club whisky became overwhelming and I called it a day....


No comments:

Post a Comment