Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Santa Catalina Island with the Vision November 9, 2017

Last Thursday on our six day trip, the Vision took us for a dive at the Ellen and Elly offshore oil platform and then back to Santa Catalina for dives at Hen's Rock and Long Point.  I didn't take any pictures at the oil platform (the pictures I took last year were with far better visibility and light than this year) because of a camera battery failure.  It was not very clear and very green with lots of plankton at the oil platform, seven miles off LA so everyone voted for a return to Santa Catalina for the rest of our dives.

Hen's Rock

Below are some shots from my dive at Hen's Rock, for more, please go to: 
https://photos.app.goo.gl/3J9ePrlzgWXqkL353

Round Stingray, he was skittish so I didn't get a good shot of him.

    A large school of Sargo.  This is the first time I've seen this type of fish, or this schooling behavior.  They were shy so I didn't get good closeup.

   Garibaldi, Long Point

 Abalone, not sure what kind, with a Bluebanded Goby and a Blacksmith.

Bluebanded Gobies with a sea urchin.

 This is a new type of fish for me, it is some species of Kelpfish, TBD.

                                         TBD Kelpfish, this is the first time I've seen this fish, I saw three different individuals on this dive, all in less than 20 ft of water.

To see more from this dive at Long Point, please go to: https://photos.app.goo.gl/AokXtQjhZjpzvIjJ3




1 comment: