Friday, February 7, 2014

Namena Marine Reserve, diving with KoroSun Dive, Chimneys site

Donna and I had two great dives at Namena Marine Reserve in the Koro Sea earlier this week.  Namena is west of the island of Koro, north of Viti Levu and south of Vanua Levu, where we are staying.  This is my second post about the Chimneys dive, the first was about getting our teeth cleaned by cleaner shrimp, a cool experience.

To see all the pictures from this dive (except the cleaner shrimp ones from my earlier post) please go to:  https://plus.google.com/photos/110159573286645489662/albums/5977886544261259649?authkey=CKv9o6mFsLqCGw

 Donna has spotted a jellyfish.
Looks a bit like an alien spaceship...
Donna with a Whitetipped Reef Shark.
 The Chimneys are beautiful pinnacles topped with amazing coral and fish and invertebrate life.
One of KoroSun Dive's great guides, Stevie.  Look at the life on the top of the Chimney.
 Colin took me on a quick bounce dive at another pinnacle after the Chimneys dive.  I got it, not too bad but wish I'd had my macro instead of my wide angle.
Look at the incredible coral and colors that Colin is pointing out.

No comments:

Post a Comment