Saturday, June 23, 2018

Coastguard Breakwater June 23, 2018

Guy Foster and I dived the Coastguard Breakwater in Monterey after our trip on the dive boat Sanctuary was canceled.  We had limited visibility in part due to particles from the swells breaking on the beach as well as from plankton bloom, visibility was as low as six feet but was about 15 ft for much of the dive.  Water temp was 48 degrees but since both Guy and I were in drysuits we didn't get chilled.  Below are some macro photos from the dive, for more please go to:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/MD5kceJ4QN1Psf3b6

Guy borrowed my camera and shot this photo of me as we were about to start our dive after snorkeling out from the beach.

                                     Sheep Crab face

                                          Blackeyed Goby



    Sea Cucumber with a feeding "foot" extended.

  White Speckled Dorid Nudibranch

    Though not uncommon for one reason or another I haven't gotten a good picture of a San Diego Dorid Nudibranch, this is probably my best...

No comments:

Post a Comment