Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Dives on Pinnacles and off Pescadero Point last Wednesday, April 30.

We finally got some low winds and reasonable swell size and were able to take Greg Hoberg's dive boat down to Carmel Bay and made dives on the Pinnacles and off Pescadero Point.  We had more typical 20 to 30 ft visibility and significant surge down to around 50 ft.  

 Greg on one of the many walls to be found on the Pinnacles.
 A Treefish (rockfish)
 Interesting sculpin, still not sure the species.
 This sculpin is around four inches or so long.
Despite looking at lots of different sculpin pictures I'm still not sure which kind this one is.

 A pair of amorous sea lemon nudibranchs.

 A white spotted rose anemone.
A hudson's nudibranch is near the center of the picture to the right of the orange filter feeding sea cucumber.
The small striped thing near the center of this picture is a showy snailfish juvenile.  It was around three inches across.  I spotted it as I swam past but was about to lose sight of Greg, at the time I thought it was a new kind of nudibranch (for me) instead it was the first time I've seen a snailfish.

No comments:

Post a Comment