Saturday, September 28, 2013

Pescadero Point, Carmel Bay, 9-28-13

Greg and I took his boat down to Carmel Bay in search of clearer water today.  It was much calmer than yesterday but still plenty choppy.  We found shelter from the swell at Pescadero Point and had a really fun, but chilly dive.  It was 48 degrees, it felt like liquid ice when we splashed and then got colder throughout our 1 hour, 5 minute dive.  Both of us were losing our fine motor control in our fingers by the end - I couldn't operate the rotating knobs on my Nautical camera housing by the end..  We had a great dive though and we were entertained by a friendly young Harbor Seal for nearly the entire dive.  I haven't seen Greg's wide angle shots yet but he was so friendly I managed some portraits with my 60 mm Canon macro lens.
He obviously loved seeing his reflection in Greg's wide angle dome but he finally got curious about my camera, too.
I finally encountered a kelp fish that put up with my efforts to get his picture and I finally got a couple of decent kelp fish photos.

For more seal, kelp fish and critter pictures please go to:
https://plus.google.com/photos/110159573286645489662/albums/5928885454854169393?authkey=COG0wOjW3sSbsAE

No comments:

Post a Comment