Wednesday, August 14, 2013

West Side Lover's Point, Pacific Grove, 8-12-13

This is my second diving blog.  I went solo diving off the small beach on the west (ish) side of Lover's Point on Monday morning August 12th.  The swell was tiny and I had 15 ft visibility.  I did a long, shallow, dive.  Maximum depth was about 35 ft and I was down for 1 hour, 17 minutes and still had lots of air left but was starting to get chilled.  This was the umbrella  and kelp crab dive (saw zillions of other small crabs as well).  I smile every time I see an umbrella  (also known as a helmet ) crab.  These crabs always reminds me of "Lord Dark Helmet", played by Rick Moranis, in Mel Brooks' parody film of Star Wars.



I also saw a really cool small fish, probably either a type of sculpin or possibly a type of blenny, TBD.


For more pictures from this dive please go to this link:

No comments:

Post a Comment